Cape Cod Winery Cranberry Mayflower Salad
Serve with a chilled glass of Cranberry Blush Wine
What you will need:
- ¼ c Cape Cod Winery Cranberry Blush wine
- ¼ lb. Lean bacon or pancetta
- 2 large shallots, peeled and minced
- ½ lb. chanterelles mushrooms, sliced (substitute baby bella )
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 7 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive-oil
- 1 Tbsp. regular olive-oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar (balsamic is best)
- 4 large handfuls of mescaline mixed greens (arugula, baby spinach, radicchio, bib lettuce)
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Cook bacon in a medium sauté pan over low heat until crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels, crumble then transfer to a large bowl.
- Pour off fat from pan (a thin film will remain).
- Increase heat to medium, add tablespoon of regular olive oil and shallots to pan, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to high; add mushrooms and pine nuts and sauté until both are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to bowl with bacon.
- In the same pan, warm oil over medium heat, then whisk in Cranberry Blush and vinegar and heat through, scraping up the flavorful browned bits from the bottom of the pan, about 3 minutes.
- Add mixed greens to bowl with bacon, mushrooms, and shallots. Add the warm vinaigrette and toss salad well. Divide between 4 plates and season to taste with pepper and salt.
Cranberry Blush Butternut Sage Risotto
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
What you will need:
1 medium Butternut Squash (about 1 lb fresh or frozen)
12 fresh Sage leaves
Salt and Pepper
2 tbsp Butter (or Olive Oil)
7 cups Chicken Stock
½ cup Cape Cod Winery Cranberry Blush
2 cups Arborio rice
3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
½ cup dried sweetened Cranberries
½ cup Pine Nuts
- Peel and dice the squash. Place in a sauce pot and add a few sage leaves, salt, and 1 cup chicken stock. Cook until tender, about 10 min. Chop 6 sage leaves and the onion finely.
- In a second pot heat the rest of the chicken stock.
- Melt the butter and sauté the chopped sage, and onion for 5 min. Add the rice and a pinch of salt and stir over low heat 3 min. Turn up the heat to high and pour in the Cranberry Blush. Simmer 3 min then add just enough of the hot chicken stock to cover the rice. Stir and reduce the heat to low. Stir frequently. After 15 min stir the cooked squash into the rice with 2 tbsp butter and the Parmesan Cheese. Continue cooking on low heat 3-5 min. Mix in the cranberries and pine nuts just before serving. Serve warm with Parmesan Cheese, Sage leaves and cranberries as a garnish.